WDC has been set up as per the guidelines laid down by the Women Development
Cell of AAKAR Seva Sansthan. Besides performing an important function to investigate
cases of sexual harassment, if any, in the institution; it conducts programmes to
create awareness on gender related issues among men and women about women related
issues such as gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
The Cell uses various modes and methodologies like workshops, competitions,
street plays, screen documentaries, poster exhibitions to imbibe the values of
“Gender Equality” among students and also organises activities related to health
& hygiene programmes in collaboration with different NGOs.
WDC- Goals & Objectives
• To develop the self confidence of Women.
• To assert the importance of gender equality.
• To highlight the importance of health and hygiene.
• To directs Women’s role in the society.
• To develop multidisciplinary approach for the overall personality development.
• To guide about Women Welfare Laws.